EANECE’s Strategic Plan for period 2020 – 2025 sets out the network’s priorities and provides a basis for coherent implementation of annual programmes of work over the five years period.
Download our Strategic Plan 2020 – 2025 here
In line with the EANECE Charter, EANECE’s Strategic Plan for the period 2020 – 2025 is guided by three strategic goals:
- Build capacity of environmental management agencies on environmental compliance & enforcement.
- Create awareness on the importance of environmental compliance & enforcement.
- Promote EANECE as a strong and vibrant regional network and strengthen its affiliate national chapters for effective compliance and enforcement cooperation.
EANECE will address these goals through the following strategic objectives:
- To strengthen the regulatory and institutional capacity of the environmental management agencies in East Africa to develop and implement environmental statutes, regulations and standards.
- To influence behavior change within the regulated community through enhanced awareness of environmental requirements and the benefits of compliance.
- To achieve effective implementation of, compliance with and enforcement of environmental requirements through regional and in-country cooperation among relevant agencies and institutions.